top of page
History of St Patrick's Church, Coventry
A mission was founded at Walsgrave in 1950. This developed into the parishes of St John Fisher, Wyken (qv), and St Patrick Wood End. In 1956 a temporary church was erected in Clennon Rise, and in 1959 and 1961 schools were built on different sites. In the 1960s an adjacent plot on Deedmore Road was bought for a new church. Work on site started in October 1968 and the new church with attached presbytery was opened on 25 May 1971. The architects were Desmond Williams & Associates. The church was consecrated in March 1983.
bottom of page